Tuesday, November 23, 2004

I wander this world

It's almost midnight and I am wide awake. I have packed for my weekend away-- too many clothes as always. Looking forward to having a weekend of total relaxation and getting away from the recent stresses of life for a while. Strange that I actually go to Vegas to relax and rest.

Still no nephew. He's taking full advantage of the womb before he decides it's time to brave this weird world. I can't say I blame him. But fully expecting to have to cut my weekend short, and am prepared to drive back at a moment's notice if need be.

This past weekend endured the wedding of a dear friend. Quite a surreal situation, but it all turned out fine. H & H hit up Hermosa again, and felt like we were in an episode of the Twilight Zone. Running into RANDOM people who should have never been down there, seeing the Trenchcoat Mafia guys again, having the bartender remember us... ugh.. We're taking a much needed break for a while.

Did drive home in the craziest rain storm we've been in in a while. Well, I slept most of the way home - with a half-eaten burrito still in my hand, actually. Good times.

I must go attempt sleep so that I can stay awake for the drive tomorrow night. Hoping I won't encounter too much traffic. Who goes to Vegas for Thanksgiving? I'm hoping just me. And, as always, looking forward to seeing the fam including this guy. (The flash kept making him blink.)




No comments: