Monday, May 09, 2005

Here We Go Again

I know I'm a sensitive person. But the fact that I've become a sobbing fool lately has me thrown all off-guard. For some reason, even the slightest little heartwarming story I read, see or hear about has me weeping like a baby. A few examples:

The Today Show has begun a new series titled "Live For Today" in which they fulfill the dreams of average people. Each morning I attempt to watch as a daughter goes skydiving with her veteran paratrooper dad on his 75th birthday, as a music teacher has a surprise and fulfills a lifelong dream, or as a wife who takes care of her husband gets to finally attend the Kentucky Derby. But I have to change the channel, or risk reapplying all my makeup that I've just put on, because I begin to tear up and cry it all off!! So pathetic.

Because of work, I am unable to watch Extreme Home Makeover. However, I do watch on Monday nights when they air "
How'd They Do That?" and bawl my eyes out when they do the reveal of the family's new home. I can't imagine what I'd be like during the actual show.

And finally, today I read a news article on
CNN.com that made me weepy while at work. Read it here. If your heart isn't warmed by this story, then you are just wrong, man. Just wrong.

No comments: