Friday, August 25, 2006

Let's all go to the movies

We watched a few movies this past weekend. It started out bad with "War of the Worlds" on Friday night. Not sure how this movie ever got made (again) or how Steven Spielberg directed it, but this movie made no sense and was pretty worthless. Even the special effects couldn't save it for me. And Tom Cruise definitely didn't help matters.

Next was "Little Miss Sunshine" on Saturday afternoon. Knew I was going to love it, and I did. Absolutely fantastic, super funny, and so heartwarming without being overboard. At all. It was so so so so so so so great. Still laughing about it.

And lastly was "Always" on Sunday afternoon. I have LOVED this movie since it first came out and was so excited when Jon said he would watch it with me. Turns out he loved it too. Hard to go wrong with Holly Hunter, Richard Dreyfuss, and John Goodman. "Girl clothes!!!" Love it...

He's also managed to rope me into Miami Ink and I've done the same with him and Project Runway. We're hooked on both. Too bad we usually prefer to go to bed before they actually come on. We're such old people already.

1 comment:

brian said...

Go to bed because you are old??? ....Or because you are newlyweds?!?!? Tee hee.