Sunday, December 21, 2008

Adventures in Cooking

Since Thursday I think I've well made up for my lack of cooking the past year.

Thursday I made Nanny's homemade apple cake. Read about it more in a previous post here.


This led to making homemade applesauce for the first time. (did you know it turns brown??)


Saturday morning I made 5 lbs of potatoes for mashed potatoes. Yes, 5 lbs. It made A LOT of potatoes. And they are GOOOOOD.


Since we got home today, I've cooked and/or prepared tons of food for Harper: mangos, green beans, broccoli, carrots, pears and peaches. We're set for a while! Since the peeling my own mangos thing didn't go so well, I opted for frozen which worked out really well. Harper looooved them even said "mmmMMM" with no prompting then swiftly smacked her lips together and opened up for more. I also got frozen green beans and broccoli and am really happy with how everything has turned out.


I realize that preparing baby food does not technically count as "cooking". But, hey - I'm standing at a stove, boiling water, using a collander, blending things, using pots.. It counts in my book. And Harper loves it, so that's all that matters!


I got to dust off my mixer for the potatoes. Love to get to do that!


No, the mangos were not green, but I forgot to take a picture of those. The green are the green beans which churned up surprisingly easy and smooth.




1 comment:

Stephanie said...

see always doing something productive. You may be getting a call from me in the new year instructing me how to do my baby food.

As for the cooking, I just apologized to Damien yesterday for being a bad house wife and cook lately. I haven't really made a meal like I use to.