Saturday, February 26, 2005

Standing on a corner in Winslow, Arizona

Such a fine sight to see, indeed. Well, except I was in Phoenix, not Winslow. Still need to get that keychain as a keepsake. Someday, someday...

Last weekend was spent visiting the fam I miss so dearly in Phoenix. Hadn't yet visited since they moved in September, so I was long overdue. I miss those darn kids. And their parents are okay, too. My step-brother and his wife are two of my favorite people, and so glad I can call them family. It rained the entire time, so the elaborate plans the kids had to take me to the local zoo, "Coasters and Castles", and everything else involving the outdoors, was a no-go. We spent a lot of time just hangin' out doing nothing in particular, which was fine by me. Although Jackson and I did learn a few funky dance moves from the special features at the end of Shark Tales. Good times with a 6-year old.

I forgot to take pictures the entire weekend, so the only evidence I have to share with the class are the pictures I took on the plane ride home. Heather joined me on the trip, although it wasn't exactly an H & H adventure as we went our separate ways at the airport where her cousin picked her up for some quality family time as well. Here's what I have for show and tell:



Okay, so I did take one pic while still on the ground in Phoenix. This is my niece playing her Lizzie Maguire game on the way to the airport.


Self portrait with the cursed left eyebrow that won't stay down!


Heather's tray. Gatorade and two packets of peanuts. Breakfast of Champions.


My tray.


Our fancy shoes. Note to self: Moccasins and rain are not a good combo.


My Valentine's gift from Heather made a tasty treat on the 45-minute plane ride. And in case you were wondering - she's got the magic touch.


The Southwest Airlines logo, a.k.a. Heather's future tattoo.


The view of the energy windmills near Palm Springs from the plane. For some reason I was intrigued.

No comments: