Sunday, August 12, 2007

We did it!

One goal of mine in this house has been to get both cars parked in the garage. Yesterday we put a few boxes of Christmas decorations (and a few more of my boxes) up in the attic and I got to work rearranging what was left while Jon mowed the lawn. Soon it was done!!! I was so happy to have accomplished that little feat - and in 100+ degree weather! Of course it required moving a few of the random objects I had no idea what to do with into the house - still with no idea where to put them. But I guess I'll figure that out with time.








I did tell Jon something I will probably come to regret in the future. I drive through my neighborhood and see the garages that are open and either half-full or completely full of stuff with no room to park both cars. I said that if we ever have too much stuff where we can't fit both cars in the garage, then we have too much crap. We'll see how that goes...



Also, an update on the house. Jon did install the handle on the back door and the ceiling fan in the living room. He also replaced the lightbulbs in the lights that were out in the backyard. He's been doing great with keeping up with the yard work and all of the other joys that homeownership brings with it. We managed to get his computer set up in the office yesterday. We find ourselves having some extra furniture we don't need, and missing a few pieces we really need. So it's been challenging trying to make our current things work for now until we find the things we like. We did come up with one quick fix - we have an end table that doesn't fit in our living room right now, so it made its way to the office. We don't have a coffee table in there, so yesterday I was looking at it and Jon and I flipped it over and screwed off the bottom feet and shelf. And VOILA!!! A perfect-height coffee table is born!!! ahhhh - gotta love it!



The office is on its way to becoming the "Man Cave". Jon's designated room for all of his toys and pictures that I don't care for. And the thing he's most excited about - his deer antlers. And me, being a good wife, hung those the very first thing yesterday. There's a lot of work to be done, but at least the Man Cave is off to a good start.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your house is so cute!! Look at all that room inthe garage...nice!!

love the man cave...LOL...