Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Vegas Visit!



Jon and I flew to Vegas last Wednesday for an early Christmas/late Thanksgiving/Birthday celebration with my parents, Wendy and the boys. We were so looking forward to a change of scenery and of course seeing and hanging out with the family most of all!!! The boys have both gotten so big, I couldn't stop staring at them! They are both so sweet and I miss them soooo much. I tried to absorb every minute of being with them.
Jon and I were able to steal some time away to go check out some of the newer sights on the strip including a few of the sites he used to send trucks to at his old job, and the site where The New Frontier used to be!!!! We also stopped by his old work and mine and said hi to a few old friends. Oh! And I also managed to squeeze in TWO trips to In-N-Out which was WONDERFUL!!! So yummy.
Thursday night we took the boys to Opportunity Village to see all the Christmas lights. It was freezing, but it was so much fun to see their faces light up when looking at all the lights.
One of the major accomplishments of the weekend was getting all of the tons of baby things home to us that have been building up at my mom's house. So many people including my sister have been so generous in giving us all sorts of necessities. We are still awaiting our 3 huge boxes to arrive that we sent to ourselves.
We had such a great time seeing everyone and exchanging gifts, celebrating birthdays. We came home exhausted but so appreciative of every minute of the time we had.
Jon turned 32 the day after we got home and slept most of the day because he had to work that night. I felt bad for him having to work on his birthday, so I went and picked up dinner from Johnny Carino's, one of our favorite places, and brought it to him at work. It was a nice treat for both of us.




Tobin!





Jon and I at the Bellagio





Holly, Wendy and Tobin





Wendy and her hat!!!




The gang and their hats

The boys got a sparkler on their birthday (cheese) cake!!!


Which Camden was absolutely fascinated by.

No comments: