Sunday, July 06, 2008

Saturday Project #2

Last week there was no Saturday Project. Jane, Harper and I were planning on heading to Decatur to see Aunt Nancy's store. But just about 30 mins before we were supposed to leave, she called and said she was sick in bed with a terrible sinus infection. We really wanted to see her shop, but mostly wanted to see HER, so we skipped out. Harper and I stayed home and I had then thought maybe I would make our Saturday Project to pull weeds.... but... well, it wasn't too hard to talk myself out of that one. ;)

Instead we just caught up on Mommy/Daughter time and it was WONDERFUL.


This was our Saturday Project this week:


The picture may not look like much, but believe me, the top of that file cabinet hasn't seen the light of day since before Harper was born. Paid bills, aaaaaalllll of Harper's paperwork, my medical paperwork and all kinds of other miscellaneous stuff has found its way there and stayed. Until today!! It's finally all gotten a home inside the drawers (what a concept!) with neat little labels and easy-to-find hanging folders. I feel so much better, you have no idea. Most of the paperwork already had places to go, it just needed to find its way there. But now all of Harper's things are easy to find and, for a person who lives for being organized, this makes me feel like a huge weight has been lifted - as silly as that may sound. It took us a while, and lots of singing and bouncing Harper in her bouncy chair, but we did it!

It was actually pretty fun because she's starting to laugh and smile at me all the time. But I'd get caught up in playing that the filing took longer than I anticipated.

No comments: