Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Earth Day

We try to be green. We have all energy efficient lightbulbs in our home. We recyle everything. We try not to leave the lights on and try not to leave the water running. We only wash a full load of dishes in the dishwasher. We have all energy efficient appliances including washer and dryer. I try to use towels instead of paper towels when possible.

But we can always do more.

That in mind, I saw something in the store this past weekend that intrigued me. Actually, it inspired me. So much so that I bought it without a coupon *gasp!*
Here's what I bought:


Now, I realize it's just a silly pack of granola bars. But is this one of the coolest ways of having earth-conscious packaging you've seen lately? I loved it and had to take a picture to share with the class. :) I can only hope more companies will follow Quaker's lead and develop clever ideas to eliminate waste like this package does.


Happy Earth Day!!!

No comments: