Sunday, April 17, 2005

Lay your hands on me

Has anyone ever experienced the randomness that is wheresgeorge.com??

What is wheresgeorge.com you ask? Well, I, of course, am now a member of this strange world of tracking money.

Where's George is a website that tracks paper money and allows people to see where their money has traveled. I became a part of this world after I received a dollar bill that had red stamps that read "See where I have been. See where I go next. www.wheresgeorge.com"

You go to the site, register with your name and email address, enter the serial number and series (mine's from 2003) and bam! Up comes testimonies from people who have once handled the money that is now in your hands. Very interesting, but also freaky if you're a sanitary-type person who doesn't like to think where your money has once been.

My dollar was given to me as change at a Taco Bell in Vegas last weekend. Before me, the person who registered on Where's George with my dollar bill was a cocktail waitress at Ceasar's Palace who got it as a tip.

Where's George will now email me every time an update has been added and someone new registers with my bill. That is, if I can bear to let the little fella go.. I shall miss little George. But who knows, maybe one day we will be reunited...

No comments: