Wednesday, April 06, 2005

She always prayed to headlights

Ohhhhh, the silly randomness of life.

After just complaining about the 91 freeway never not having traffic anymore, I drove home at 6:30pm on Monday night and had an almost completely traffic-free drive. I don't get it, but I like it.

I pulled on to my street on this same drive home and saw a new character. Now, in addition to the man with a huge gray afro that drives the little yellow car living around the corner, and the scary red-haired guy whose head never turns side-to-side across the street, there was a person on the corner who was there merely for my entertainment, I'm convinced. I enjoy walking on my street while making calls, so this was a good excuse to get a closer look after a long drive home. This person wore a maroon sweat suit with a yellow and green basketball jersey poking out from underneath, with green high top converse and a big beach hat, which was replaced by a day-glo orange beanie when the air turned a little more brisk. This person was standing on my corner apparently singing, but you had to strain to hear as you walked by. I know this because I passed closely by-- twice. Only a faint "baybaaayy" or "ohhh yeeeahhh" could be heard and at one point two kids walked by but a quick "theatrical" movement of this person's hand scared the bejeezus out of one of the kids who flinched and broke into a dead sprint. I keep referring to this character as a person because frankly, I'm still not sure if it was a man or woman. I took a picture with my new camera phone and as soon as I learn how to get it from my phone to computer, it shall be seen below.

*home of future picture*

Alias tonight featured a man who melted in the opening scene. I did not need to see that. Pretty sure it will haunt my dreams for at least a few nights. It also again featured Sydney in a life-or-death situation. Why do they continue to try to make us think she might actually DIE???? She's the freakin' star of the show. And she's got a contract at least until the year 2034, so just stop it. Pretty sure she'll be around for a while. It's getting old.

Someone who won't be around for a while is
Nikko. He finally got the boot and I couldn't be happier. Well, I could be happier if it was stinkin' Anthony Federov. I'll admit, he had my sympathy vote in the beginning with the whole "kid from Romania who needed a tracheotomy who was never supposed to be able to talk again but is now singing in a huge American singing competition thing. Now, in comparison, you stink so just go away. I don't want to see you shake your Clay Aiken-wannabe booty anymore.

I'm also totally into
America's Next Top Model and am not ashamed to admit it. Next week Tyra actually yells at someone during elimination and I can't wait. Plus, the show is on UPN, which is also home to Britney Spears and Kevin Federline's new "reality show". How much better does it get than that??

For more opinions way more cleverly spoken than mine, check out
televisionwithoutpity.com. You won't regret it.

No comments: