Sunday, November 12, 2006

Cars, Jars, and National Parks



I'm a little behind in updating this blog, so I'm going to give a quick recap. I had every intention of updating last weekend after our couple of days of fun. But life has kind of gotten in the way this week.

Last Friday night I raced home from work, took care of the pups, then raced down to meet Jon at work so we could zoom over to Mandalay Bay to catch Jars of Clay at the House of Blues. I had purchased the tix a few months ago because they were cheap and they're a band we really like. It was a good show and great music. And overall a great time just to get out and do something different.

Saturday morning we woke up early, loaded up the pups and some roadtrip snacks, and began the drive up to Zion National Park. It was a beautiful drive and we enjoyed making our way up there. It's an incredible place, and we are looking forward to going back. We took a few wrong turns and ended up taking "the long way" there, but now we know for next time and hopefully we'll get to spend a little bit more time. I became a little "car crazy" by the end of the day. The dogs had a blast taking a dip in the river, sticking their noses in gopher holes, and getting stickers in their feet-- (okay, so maybe that last part wasn't so fun) and were completely exhausted for the drive home.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

As for "cars", Jon and I went to the SEMA show at the Las Vegas Convention Center. It's a HUGE trade show of car stuff. Everything you could ever want. Jon and I both took the morning off work and went downt here and walked around for a couple hours. I mostly followed and watched Jon look around and drool over all the fun stuff. I did enjoy seeing the new Civic Jon has told me about. It's pretty cute.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

All in all, a great couple of days. It was a sad ending with the news of Lucy, but each day gets easier. It's been a week now and we still miss her like crazy.

No comments: