Thursday, November 16, 2006

Midweek madness

This week has been a rough one for us all. I've been filling in for someone who's on unexpected medical leave indefinitely, working lots of overtime (yay, extra cash - boo, super tired). I'm spent and super stressed trying to get through each day with little direction on what to do for her job. Next Friday in my department is known as "Golden Friday" with the biggest shopping day of the year for Retail. Lots of activities and craziness going on, so no rest in my future.

Jon's work has slowed down a little and he was granted his 3-month raise. He's doing well there still, yet looking ahead to what's next. We have my Holiday Gala to look forward to next weekend at Red Rock. We always love going there and I got my dress on sale last weekend (gotta love 75% off!) so that is something fun to look forward to.

We thought Sarge was making progress, but he regressed one day this week, leaving me TWO surprises mid-day. Still trying to figure out what it is that's making him use the living room as his personal toilet but haven't gotten very far. Just lavishing cookies on the both of them when they go outside. Frustrating, to say the least.

Next week is Thanksgiving and we both have to work every day but Thursday. But Kevin, Wendy and Camden are coming in on Tuesday (yay!). I wish I could be off at least one day so I could spend more time... we'll see! Not planning on baking too much this year (yet!), but we'll be celebrating Jon and Camden's birthday Wednesday night so that will be nice. We may try to squeeze in the Switchfoot show after Camden goes to bed but I think we'll have to play that by ear. It would be nice to see Drew again, so I'm sure we'll make it down there at some point.

Life seems crazy these days and will only get crazier with the holidays, I think. I'm considering pulling out the decorations this weekend but I'm not sure I can stand them for 5+ weeks. Last year I was ready to put everything away the day after Christmas. I looooooove Christmas. But I love having my house put back together, too.

'til next time!

1 comment:

McKenzie said...

Things do get so crazy around this time of year...I love it and despise it at the same time! :) Is switchfoot playing in Vegas?? The Drew you speak of, is that the Drew from the former "All together Seperate"? I thought I spotted him in your wedding pics. Is he playing with Switchfoot now?