Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Baby, you are the world

Jon's birthday is Saturday. We don't have any real plans, except to spend the remainder of the day together after he gets off work. The rotation of Saturdays wasn't kind to him, so he's got to wake up early on his big day.

We did get to celebrate 9 days early. I treated Jon to go see Brad Paisley, aka "My Man" as Jon calls him. My favorite thing about getting him the tickets was when I was asking questions about who he might want to see if we went to a show for his birthday. I said "there are tickets I want to buy you for your birthday, but I want to make sure you really want to go because they're kind of expensive." His response was, "is it like, Brad Paisley big, or what?" I couldn't believe he used it as a comparison to determine if he'd want to go, so I blurted "well, it IS Brad Paisley". So that was that.

We had a really great time. Until I met Jon, I hadn't listened to country since high school. I've mostly enjoyed getting back into it, though it's still weird to me. Brad's music is great and his live show is a lot of fun. And a bonus for BOTH of us was that Carrie Underwood opened the show! She sings AMAZING live, I couldn't stop being impressed by her.

It was a late night on a work day for us, but well worth it. Fun to do something different and to celebrate Jon's birthday doing something he really loved. By my calculation, his birthday has already lasted about 3 weeks and it hasn't even happened yet! I hope he keeps that in mind next time mine rolls around. :)

No comments: