Sunday, January 20, 2008

My Camel

A few months ago I wrote in a post about my drive to and from work, and the things that I pass daily including rolling green hills, longhorns and a camel. Well "my" camel was shown on the news and he has a name! Jon named him Leroy, but his name is actually Teddy. Here is his story and his lovely picture.

Camel Takes Drivers By Surprise

WESTLAKE, Texas -- Drivers along state Highway 114 in Westlake are doing a double take, thanks to Teddy the camel.
The camel has been at the Circle T Ranch for about four years.
He recently moved to an area closer to the road, so he could interact with the buffalo grazing there.


2 comments:

Ginny said...

OMG THANK YOU!!! I just moved here from New York, and I see this lonely little camel everday. I'm so glad to know he has a name. But tell me, don't you think he must be lonely all by himself??? I also love to see the beautiful hills and wild animals on my way to work everyday. Quite a differnt ride from the Long Island Expressway!!! Please keep me updated on Larry!

LuAnn Walden said...

I live in Trophy Club, just across 114 from Circle T Ranch. Rumor has it that Teddy recently died. We are all sad...