Tuesday, January 01, 2008

End of '07

It's 2008! I can't believe it. Jon and I keep reminding each other all that 2008 holds for us, and it's unbelievable the events that lie ahead for us this year.

The last few weeks have been great, though very different for me. All the holidays fell during Jon's schedule, which means there wasn't much time for celebrating. We did manage to meet each other at IBC for Christmas Eve service, then grab a quick bite at Dickey's before he had to go to work. Christmas morning he got home at 6:30, just after his parents got here. We enjoyed breakfast and opened presents together, then they were gone by 8:30 and he was in bed! It was a very early and short Christmas this year.

I thought it would be a rather depressing day hanging around the house with nothing much to do but hang out quietly while he slept. Usually I would try to get out of the house and find something to do, but that's hard to do on Christmas day as nothing is open. I managed to watch A Christmas Story in bits and pieces and just hang out and do nothing, really. It was tough being away from all of my family and not having Jon around to really celebrate with, but I made it through pretty well.

New Year's Eve came with a nice surprise. I worked, then drove to downtown Fort Worth to meet up with Randy and Rebecca and the kids! It was soo great to see them, and we're planning on them coming over tomorrow night for dinner and another visit before they leave to go back to Colorado. I like what Rebecca told me "it's like we've never been apart!" We just picked right up and it felt like it hadn't been a year and a half (our wedding) since we've seen them.

Today I am so thankful for our cable company! I managed to find the KTLA coverage of the Rose Parade, and I was so happy. Right now I'm watching the Rose Bowl and of course am a happy camper as USC is beating the pants off of Illinois. Go Trojans!

No comments: