Saturday, November 29, 2008

All Decked Out

Despite having a very clingy and cranky baby, we've managed to get quite a bit done this weekend. We got the house totally decorated and Jon is almost finished with putting the lights up. We also got most of our shopping done, believe it or not. This is a huge relief to me as I hate having the requirement of shopping hanging over my head at the holidays. We also stored away a bunch of things in the attic including a lot of baby things we're no longer using. Bittersweet since I'm so glad she's getting bigger and more active, but it's also weird to think that we won't be using things like boppys, swings or receiving blankets until the next one comes along.

Now I'm just waiting for my Christmas cards to arrive so I can then mail them out and check that off my list.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

You know..I don't think we even used receiving blankets that much. They are kind of a waste. My neighbor just got preggers so I plan on using her for some of my storage needs. Then maybe by the time she's done, then I will need them again. We got the tree and decorations up. I am working on my card...and no shopping done yet. When will I do that...yikes!

The Hanes Fam said...

We used receiving blankets a lot for swaddling her when she was really small. We also used the them to lay on the ground for tummy time and things. They also got used at various times as burp cloths and rags. So I guess ours got used a lot. :)

Tara K said...

It does sound like you got a lot done! I think I need to attend a "How to be as Productive as Holly" seminar...for real..