Saturday, January 08, 2005

Goodbye 2004!!

Well, I feel as though I must briefly pay tribute to the day that was New Year's Eve 2004. It is a day that will live in my memory forever, and that is an unfortunate thing for the most part.

We (H&H - for those not paying attention) decided just to play it low-key and cause as much trouble as possible from her second story apartment. With the two of us, the possibilities are literally limitless, and we even manage to surprise ourselves still.

The finer highlights: We were joined at the last minute by some dear friends who helped make the evening more memorable. Heather got to know her super friendly neighbors she had never met before, and one of our friends even got a full tour of one of their homes - COMPLETELY random. I apparently chipped the tooth of the same friend, although there was little to no evidence of this the next morning, despite his claims. Heather and I took a tumble to the ground shortly before midnight, although our recollections of how this happened seem to differ: I remember walking together or even just standing hugging, and we lost our balance and fell, while Heather and the rest of the crowd remember that it was only ME who fell, and I grabbed on to Heather and brought her down with me. Details - whatever.

And finally, I learned the consequences of consuming a bit of champagne after consuming a bit of beer as I spent the early hours of 2005 hugging Heather's toilet. Not a pretty sight, nor an event I'd like to relive at any point in my life... EVER.

Good times. Good friends.

I am looking forward to 2005. There's not really anything you can do about time passing, right? Might as well look forward to what lies ahead.





No comments: