Saturday, January 29, 2005

I Won't Grow Up

It might be the announcement of Oscar nominees that was given this week, but I've been in a movie kinda mood lately. I realized how many movies I haven't seen, and now I feel completely left out. I'm usually up on all the movies that are being touted as "genius", "this year's must-see", and "a shoe-in for Oscar". But this year I just feel clueless.



Each year I have a goal to see at least all the nominees for Best Picture. I've only accomplished this only once - in 1997. I managed to see all the nominees before Oscar Day: As Good as it Gets, Good Will Hunting, The Full Monty, and Titanic. And on that Sunday, my mom and I found the closest theatre still playing L.A. Confidential - 25 miles away. But we accomplished it. I haven't done it since... but this is my year, I can feel it.



As of yesterday I had only seen one nominated movie:
Finding Neverland. Twice. I never go see the same movie twice in the theatre, but I loved this one so much, I am glad it was recognized.





Yesterday I saw
The Aviator. Finally.





Ray comes out on video Tuesday, so I plan to pick that one up next week. That leaves Sideways and Million Dollar Baby. I've got 4 weeks still - piece of cake. I will hold my opinions on the films until I've seen them all, but I have to say I might be pulling for the waaaaay underdog in this one: Finding Neverland. It hits close to home and I can't resist Jonny Depp. "Clap your hands if you believe!!!" Gets me every time...





No comments: