Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Confucious says

There are a few things in life that really confuse me. Here are two:

Spinners on cars that don't deserve them. I'm not exactly a fan of spinners, but I do understand their purpose, which is to draw attention to your car. A NICE car. Now, maybe it's because I live in Riverside, the armpit of Southern California where meth labs and mullets are in abundance. But I can honestly say I've seen spinners on everything. But the funniest thing is that spinners on most of these cars are the ONLY thing they've improved on their car. Maybe they're hoping for people to understand the irony of seeing spinners on a 1994 Chevy Lumina with a fading paint job, or on a beat up Honda Civic hatchback. But stop it. It's not ironic. It's annoying.

Another thing that confuses me is in this day and age where I can post my random thoughts on a website with relatively no effort at all, where students can download their homework from a website their teacher has set up, where we have sattelites that can track storms down to the street we live on, and where we can launch a big piece of metal into space and back.... Where we have all this amazing technology, yet somehow we can't get a news reporter in New York to interview someone in California via satellite without a FREAKING 4 SECOND DELAY on their response!?!?!?!? Figure it out!!!! And stop driving me crazy with it.

No comments: