Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Magically Delicious

I have recently re-discovered the joy of Lucky Charms. Ever since I saw them at Heather's house but she didn't have any milk - I have been dying for some ever since.

I remember when the purple horseshoes were new, and what a huge deal we thought that was. "Chris!! There's a new shape in the Lucky Charms!!!" We HAD to have the Lucky Charms right away to check out the new purple horseshoes for ourselves. Turned out they tasted... well, exactly the same as everything else.

Because I do random things very often in my life, I typed "Lucky Charms" in to google, just to see what I would come up with. The first
article that popped up detailed the harm in Lucky Charms, since they're full of additives and sugar, which is why it tastes so stinkin' good...

Of course the General Mills website states that Lucky Charms are full of calcium with 12 vitamins and minerals. Unfortunately, General Mills, I'm not sure that moons, hearts, and rainbows actually qualify as vitamins and minerals.

But while I was searching Google, I also came up with a little quiz based on your preference for marshmallow shape. Not sure how accurate or even how worth your time this is, but if you're interested, click here. I also came upon the tragic story of how the creator of Lucky Charms died while driving to visit his comatose daughter. Not quite so lucky, it seems.

Oh well. The love affair was fun while it lasted. But next thing you'll tell me is that Corn Pops aren't actually made of corn, and are therefore not a vegetable.


No comments: