Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Trader Joe's

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Tonight was my monthly trip to Trader Joe's to stock up on all things vegetarian. Surprise, surprise more randomness was dropped in my lap. Here are three examples.

As I entered the store, I was having a conversation with Heather on my cell phone. She said something that made me laugh... A good laugh. While I was laughing, I was able to steer my handicapped cart with only one hand. I ran into the fruit stand that was being stocked by two guys. One of the guys just stopped and stared at me smiling for a long time while I was distracted trying to steer the cart away from any and all objects. I finally realized what he was doing and immediately wondered what was going through his mind. Probably "get off the phone you crazy lady and steer your stupid cart away from my stand". Well, actually all the people that work at TJ's are super nice, and we crossed paths a few minutes later and he made sure to make a big production of steering WAAAAY around me with his load. We both had a good laugh.
In case you're wondering why this is random, it's not often that I realize that I can sometimes be the object of randomness for other people. This was quite possibly one of those times.

The second thing was as I was standing near the veggie meat and cheese section, I was standing behind a woman. The only reason I noticed her was that as she stood there, she all of a sudden started to do a sort of dance, hopping up and down, moving one leg up at a time. It was kind of like a more hyper "pee pee dance". All of a sudden she dashed away quickly, leaving her cart. She apparently felt the need to browse the sauces at that moment, then returned for her cart, pushing it to her next destination, still sort of hopping... SO WEIRD. Serious Twilight Zone experience.

The third and last random thing was that as I was grabbing my bags to leave after paying, I looked up and noticed a guy who was just entering. I knew IMMEDIATELY that I reckognized him from somewhere but I couldn't put my finger on it. This happens to me all the time and it makes me CRAZY!! Did I know him through a friend? Was he the husband of a girl I knew? Did I have a class with him at one time? Did he work somewhere I frequented often? It's still obviously driving me crazy and I know that if I hadn't been leaving at that moment, I would have probably followed him around a little just to get a better look to try to jog my memory.

Oh, such a sad existence. Maybe not sad exactly, but human, I guess.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it holly! was the TJ's dude hot? I love their Vegan Chocolate Chip cookies, they are to die for! and also their hummus....mmmm