Thursday, October 14, 2004

Easier Said Than Done

I haven’t blogged all week, so in order to make up for it, I am going to give a brief rundown on the hightlights of this past week:

Saturday morning drove in from Vegas, picked up Heather and went to my work’s staff picnic. It was in appreciation of lowering our workman’s comp claims so they had it at this cool park, invited all 260 employees and their families, had lots of games, and gave away tons of cool gifts in a raffle (think
iPods, a computer system, and a couple LCD tvs). I have horrible luck and was not surprised when my number was never called. Oh well. Got home, showered, and went to my friend’s birthday party at a Japanese restaurant. Good times and met some new people, so that’s always fun. Hung out in downtown afterwards and drove the birthday boy home. Got to my house and crashed I was so tired.

Sunday night got off work early and went to one of my favorite places: the
99 cents only store. So fun. And if the guy with the iPod that I talked to that night is reading this, email me. I think I might marry you.

Monday night had dinner in Pasadena with good friends from Texas. One of the boys is young and always good for a few hours of flirting and fun, but I figured since he’s gotten himself a girlfriend since I last saw him, things would be significantly tamer. Apparently it only makes him flirt more, which was a pleasant surprise. I’m always down for an evening of innocent flirting. On my drive there, I was convinced I was being set up because they told me they were inviting another guy who I know is single and lives out here. I’m still not convinced I wasn’t being set up, but I was having too much fun to bother with the single guy. I should probably pay more attention next time.

Tuesday we found out we have to get rid of the cat or pay a heavy fine for a pet deposit at our apartment. If you know anyone who wants a really cute, fluffy calico, let me know.


Tonight I went to a business seminar which was slightly informative, but mostly not. Not a terrible way to spend 2 hours, but with the week I’ve just had and the next few days, I could’ve used those 2 hours to write these blogs. Which would mean I would be sleeping right now.

No comments: