Tuesday, October 05, 2004

man in the mirror

Visited the fam in Vegas this past weekend. Was a fun-filled packed weekend, but really relaxing at the same time. Saved my energy for a few weeks from now when I'll be taking my friend for her first visit there, and celebrating my birthday with my brothers and sister-in-law. This weekend was reserved for hanging out with the parents, kissing the dogs, teasing my nephew, and letting my butt revisit an old friend - my parents couch, which is the best couch ever.

Friday had a cool experience getting to be there for the first stop on Lance Armstrong's
Tour of Hope bike tour, raising awareness for clinical trials for cancer research. His foundation donated $500,000 to the new cancer research facility in Las Vegas that is set to open next year. They closed down the strip for the group to ride down, then they rode right in front of us as we stood on the bridge at Treasure Island. I have a new digital camera that I apparently still don't know how to work, so my pictures are all blurry. But you'll get the idea. I stuck my arm out to take a picture of Lance right before he reached us, but was too busy looking at him and not my camera, so I only got about one inch of his face in the shot.

And if you happened to be in Vegas watching the 11 o'clock news on channel 8, then you probably saw us there as they featured the Lance story. No autographs, please.



Lance handing over the check.





My dad torturing me with the "Lance Fan"





Good clean, family fun... at the slots





Christopher, my nephew who never stops talking. Unless he's eating.


No comments: