Tuesday, October 05, 2004

On the road again

I learned two things on my drive to Vegas this weekend. First, is that snacks on a road trip are a definite must. I didn't bring anything with me, and the 5 hours of sleep I got on Thursday night was catching up to me at about hour 1.5 into the drive. I wasn't hungry, so I figured I'd be fine until I got there in time for lunch. Well... I was. Except that I was completely BORED the entire drive. I sang every song my iPod threw at me, but it was no defense against the inevitable sleepiness that overcame me at some point between Victorville and Barstow. I never stopped except to gas up in Victorville. My bladder impresses me sometimes. But I was tired. I took pics to help pass the time. Probably not the safest activity to while driving, but it was better than me falling asleep.



Speaking of gasing up, that brings me to the second thing I learned. That I was meant to drive a truck. Enterprise convinced me I was gonna need the extra power up I-15, so I should go with the Hemi. For $5 a day more, I agreed they were completely right. I loved driving it, and I think trucks have the ability to make anyone's hotness factor go up a few points. I know mine did.

We're definitely gonna need to go with the Hemi when H & H make the trek again in a few weeks.. just because we'll look so much cuter that way.

No comments: