Sunday, October 10, 2004

Three for the road

I took a spontaneous trip to Vegas this weekend. My sister had some rare time off, so I went to keep her company as we visited the fam. Short trip: Thurs night to Sat morning. Quick trips like that are great because they still leave you time to recover before the week begins. But they are also exhausting. Good thing my last two trips out there have been a tad bit relaxing: visiting with family and old friends, going to the spa for some good hot tubbing and sauna action. Not to mention the massages. Good stuff.

Really glad to spend the time with my sister. She totally gets me, even if she doesn't get me at all. We can talk about anything, and we can absolutely crack each other up without really trying. We have the same giggle, which brings us hours of endless entertainment. If one starts, the other is sure to not be far behind causing those around us to stare in bewilderment about the two strange girls laughing about nothing. Yeah... we're dorks.

My sister has about 6 weeks left in her pregnancy, so much of my time this weekend was spent with my hands on her belly. The Thumb, as I've affectionetly named my soon-to-be-born nephew (don't ask), is destined to be an acrobat, or so my sister is convinced. He's a somersaulting freak, and loves to poke Auntie Holly back when she pokes him too much to ellicit some type of response. The fact that there's a human being inside my sister is a concept I'll never be able to wrap my brain around, I'm guessing. Great to get some sister time in until the little dude makes his debut.





Just hangin' out.











On the drive home, early Saturday morning. Killing time while stuck in dead stop traffic on the I-15. Classy gals, we are.


No comments: