Friday, August 12, 2005

And I Thought That I Don't Belong

Two things to report on this today. 
 
Making Sunday "Documentary Sunday" for the second week in a row, I went and saw "Murderball".  This is an incredible movie about the quadrapalegic Wheelchair Rugby Team, and their effort to win gold at the Paralympics.  If you haven't heard anything about it, then right now you're thinking I'm crazy.  Kinda like the penguin movie.  Just trust me.  Go see it. 
 
This week I purchased Hootie and the Blowfish's new record.  I'm not ashamed to admit that I've been a Hootie fan from the beginning.  But not brave enough to actually wear the concert t-shirt anywhere but in the privacy of my own home.  This record is classic Hootie, and I love it.  But I'm really not surprised I love it--I've loved all of their records.  So there. The band plays here locally every few months or so at The Silverton.  I haven't been to a Hootie show since 1998, but I'm hoping to see them very soon.  I'm overdue.     

No comments: