Friday, August 19, 2005

Thank You for the Music

Welcome to the blog entry dedicated to the love of my life:  music. 
 
Why is it that I'd never listed to the lyrics of The Pina Colada Song before this week?  I thought the version I was listening to was a spoof or something because the lyrics were so ridiculous. I always knew the basic premise of the song and the line "If you like pina coladas and getting caught in the rain..." but never listened to "If you're not into yoga.  If you have half a brain. If you'd like making love at midnight in the dunes on the Cape.  Then I'm the love that you've looked for. Write to me and escape."  So lame!!  Read more about how this song came about here if you're interested. 
 
A few months ago one of my favorite disco songs came on my iPod as I was riding in the car with my mom.  Who doesn't know "It's Raining Men" by the Weather Girls??  Everyone, right?  Well my mom looks at me and says "What's this song?  Is it from a movie?" 
WHAT?!?!?!  She'd never heard the song!!!!  My mom--the cool mom who saw Elvis in Vegas and went to the Troubadour in its' early days, had never heard "It's Raining Men".  She'd obviously not been to any sort of club lately on 70's night.  The Funkee Hippeez could learn her a thing or two.  I was floored and think of her everytime I hear it. 
 
Last night I missed Jonny Lang at The House of Blues.  I'm hoping I don't regret that decision forever.  It makes me very sad. 
 
But I figure I'm saving up for next weekend and The Dave Matthews Band.  It's on.  Me, Heather, and 30,000 of our closest overgrown frat boy friends.  Awww yeah.  Throw in the Funkee Hippeez and our weekend would be complete. 

1 comment:

Scott said...

Dave matthews band - now thats going to be a good time!