Wednesday, August 17, 2005

I See it Shining Right Through the Rain

I think my blog has been missing more of the humor that I started it with.  I believe I'm nearing my one year anniversary of blogging, so I'm going to try harder to stay closer to what it was intended for:  the funny observations and random things that happen in my life.  This is my pledge. 
 
This morning I noticed that Babyface has a new album out.  I like Babyface. I like his songs.  I don't, however, like the title of his new album, Grown & Sexy.  I find it frightening, actually.  He should have consulted me instead of taking the advice of R. Kelly or KC & JoJo or something. 
 
Men's shoes that are louder than women's bother me.  It doesn't seem right that a man should be "click click clicking" behind me.  Get shoes with heels that don't make you sound like you're wearing stillettos. 
 
In Nevada, like every state, there are different license places to choose from.  The standard style, however, has 3 numbers, then 3 letters.  It's disturbing that the state actually printed a huge number of license plates that start with "666".  It's more disturbing that people would actually accept this as proper identification for their car.  Even if you don't believe in God, unless you're an actual devil worshipper, do you really want to take the risk of riding around with the Ruler of Hell's number on your CAR???  The roads are crazy enough these days.  Don't invite more trouble.  Just say no, Nevada. 
 
I'm not sure about the etiquette at crosswalks, and they are a point of humor for me every time I find myself at one.  First of all, the people who insist on pressing the button over and over again until it gives them permission to walk really make me crazy.  As if your need to cross the street is going to make the light say "oh! I'm sorry!  Let me stop all of these cars and throw off the rest of the flow of traffic so that YOUR pretty little head can cross the street". 
 
But when you are waiting to cross, and have already pressed the button, doesn't it bother you that someone else walks up on the opposite side of the street and ALSO presses the button? As if you're standing there waiting to cross, and somehow forgot to press the button. "Oh!! That's right! I knew there was something I forgot to do!"  However, on the flip side, when you're the second person to walk up to the button, do you ever get the uncontrollable urge to press the button just in case that first person didn't really do it?? 
 
I do.  And I'm not proud of it. 

No comments: