Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Our Stock Yard(s)

For no reason at all, I'm sharing pics of our pantry and laundry room - two places I do the most storing of all the deals I score. Two of the things I loved about this house was the size of the pantry and the laundry room - don't ask me why, but they seem to be important to me when choosing a house.

These both very much come in handy as I do the Grocery Game since these store the stockpiling items. The only one I'm not sharing is the master bath linen closet. Another 'huge' space, but sadly in need of arranging. Maybe another time - that closet stores our abundance of lotions, razors, shampoos, toothpaste and the like.

We keep things pretty tidy for the most part. Jon and I both have OCD when it comes to organization and I have a need to be able to find something I'm looking for when I need it. That doesn't always happen (don't remind either of us about the air mattress pump), but we try. And everything definitely needs to have its place.
Top shelf is snacks. Next shelf is cereals and pastas. 3rd shelf is canned goods. 4th shelf is baking goodies, oils, etc... Floor is still sealed items such as cereal, soda, snacks, chips.
We picked up this handy contraption at the Container Store recently. We had a gift card to spend, and I needed something to 'catch' all the goodies that tended to float around the shelves such as seasoning packets, potatoes and granola bars. Works awesome!

Even the door has a purpose, holding our grocery bags which do double duty as trash can liners and dog poop picker uppers. It also stores my apron - one of my Christmas gifts from Jon.

Here's the laundry room which has all the extra cleaning supplies. Yes, there's a lot. You'd think my house would be extra sparkling clean, wouldn't you? Dream on. I do use them, but they last a while too. :)

No comments: